Sunday, February 26, 2012

Lost Girl by Robyn



Lost Girl

Heavy hotel room air, laced faintly with stale cigarettes.

Her fingers trace the contours of fading memories. A lost girl.

She's gone.

But the way he holds her, she cannot voice her grief.

***
 
The photo prompt for this week's challenge called to mind a woman who had long ago lost her innocence.  She had once believed she could return to the life she'd left behind and become that virtuous girl again, but in this moment she realizes that version of herself is gone, she can never go back.  Immersed in her new life, she must silently mourn the loss of her former self.
 
I have a blog at Hollow Tree Ventures, but since this is my first submission to Trifecta and the content of this response doesn't exactly jive with a humorous mommy blog, I thought I'd contribute through Trifecta Anonymous this time rather than post to my blog and confuse my readers!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this is an excellent take on the prompt. "The way he holds her, she cannot voice her grief." Strong stuff, and very good. Brava for the moms! Your fellow mother, Amy
    http://sharplittlepencil.com/2012/02/27/or-not-to-be/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up to Trifextra this weekend. I agree that "the way he holds her" is a powerful image. The reader definitely gets the idea that the emotion in this girl is too big for this man or this room or this moment. Nicely captured. I hope you'll come back and see us again on Monday for the weekday challenge.

    ReplyDelete